On P, 2007-07-01 at 12:22 -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> just a friendly request:  If you do happen to mask a package for
> removal, please do not close any bugs against the package on the basis
> that it's being removed.  There have been several cases where bugs get
> closed WONTFIX or INVALID, the removal is reversed for whatever reason,
> and the bugs fall through the cracks.  Once the package is actually
> deleted, the person removing it should go through bugzie and close any
> open bugs.

I've been operating on the premise that I am the maintainer of the
package in question and marking it as WONTFIX and making it depend on
the removal bug while at it. I don't see what's wrong in that..
If the removal gets reverted, all the depending bugs should be seen and
acted upon. Why should we keep bugs open in our maintainer bugs list if
we are 99% sure the package will get removed? We aren't treecleaners
project, but the maintainers of the packages whose bug we are marking
WONTFIX with the almost certain assumption the package will get removed
soon...

--
With Regards,
Mart Raudsepp