On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:16:09PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 July 2007, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> > For various reasons, I've got a couple of packages that I'm not really
> > very well suited to maintain going on. I added them over the course of past
> > jobs and university courses, but I have no further need of them, and they
> > really could use people that actually use them.
> for any of the sys-* ones, you probably already have base-system listed, but
> just in case, you can add it as the herd ...
Some of them don't list base-system, because they were fringe enough
already. I'll add them to base-system if I don't find anybody else more
interested.

> > Hardware, for tuning network cards. In new enough kernels (should be most
> > of 2.6), this is obsoleted by mii-tools and ethtool:
> > sys-apps/nictools
> i think we should scrub mii-tools, ethtool, and nictools ... latest net-tools
> should provide all of these i believe
How is net-tools for those arches still on 2.4 kernels?
net-tools does not contain ethtool (which is badly out of date upstream,
the Git has moved a long way since they last did a release).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member