Mike Doty schrieb:
> All-
>
> We're going to change the -dev mailing list from completely open to where only
> devs can post, but any dev could moderate a non-dev post.  devs who moderate
> in
>  bad posts will be subject to moderation themselves.  in addition the
> gentoo-project list will be created to take over what -dev frequently becomes.
>  there is no requirement to be on this new list.

Hmm, interesting. Should "We're going to change..." be interpreted as a
fact and the voting itself is only a formal thing?
Because if that's the case, we can close -dev completely and just keep
-announcement and admire the decisions made by some people.

> This will probably remove the need for -core(everything gets leaked out
> anyway)
> but that's a path to cross later.
>
> We're voting on this next council meeting so if you have input, now would be
> the time.

Let's go for censorship! Let's vote for gagging those users who don't
have any idea of development and those ex-devs who think they still have
anything to say.

And to give that comment a technical side:
- Do you think that any dev will regularly check for messages written by
users he barely knows and give his ok? Risking being moderated himself
if somebody else with magic foo thinks that the post was inappropriate?
- Who decides/defines when a post is a bad post?
- What if one dev thinks a post is inappropriate and rejects it, can
another dev still let it through?
- Why not just make -core o+r if you think that it gets leaked out
anyway and leave -dev as it is?
- When do we start with the moderation of -project?

Cheers.