Wernfried Haas wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:41:42PM +0000, Luis Medinas wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 15:06 -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
So it's 97 degrees outside.. it's pretty hot... Since everyone loves to
debate non-technical things on this list.. Let's debate Fahrenheit vs
Celcius...

Discuss!

Well Celcius isn't the S.I scale for temperature but it's related with
Kelvin which is the S.I scale for temperature. The conversion formula to
Fahrenheit is °F = (°C × 1.8) + 32 and to kelvin is just K = °C +
273.15. These days i use more Kelvin than Celcius because it's used on
real life problems i have to solve.

Rankine [1] brings you the best of two worlds: Starting at scientific
0 degrees, but using the convenient degree scale defined by some
obscure water-salt-mixture and a the slight fever of the average
gentoo-dev poster. :-)

cheers,
        Wernfried

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankine

tbh, you really need a different one for developers that takes into account how far above or below sea level you are because as the air gets thinner the mass of the water that is used to regulate their temperature would change in relation to the caffiene molecules