Blackace wrote:
> I'd like to nominate:
>
> vapier
> tsunam
> nightmorph
> seemant
> avenj
> christel
>
> Although most of them will probably decline, I think they would do an
> excellent job straightening out Gentoo's heading and have the barnacles
> to perform the requisite keelhauling.

I appreciate the nomination by you and others, but after a whole month
of thinking on this, I must decline, mostly for reasons of time commitment.

Council actually isn't a job I'd want to do; I'm not out to "be in
charge." I'm sure I'd take the same approach that I would to everything
else I do; do the job that's before me, but I don't think I'd be able to
devote enough time to do a *good* job. I've no problem doing any
necessary keelhauling etc., but I'm not sure that I have the time. And
no matter how fast I'd try to learn, I'm not starting off with the same
detailed knowledge of ebuilds and Portage that the other candidates have.

Meanwhile, I'll continue making a difference within Gentoo by doing
documentation for any and all interested parties, and anything else I
can contribute to, like the GWN. It's not council work, but I'll
continue to try to make Gentoo better for everyone, at least in my
little corner. :)