On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 12:48 -0700, Drake Wyrm wrote:
> It's not a vulnerability in Rules du Jour. It's a bunch of spammers
> attacking the Rules du Jour servers and ISP. SARE has also been down a
> whole bunch over the last couple of months due to the same attack.

Which will probably never happen to gentoo, because of the rather bg
mirroring system. So, would it be possible to host daily (or hourly)
snapshots of these rule files (or something like that) and tell the
world that we do so and that they can download these in the nightly
cronjob? That migth solve a problem and i don't see it becoming a
problem for the gentoo mirror infrastructure.

Philipp