> From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Duncan
> Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Version Formatting Issues
>
> It's considered inappropriate for this list, which is
> primarily for discussion of official Gentoo development
> technical issues and policy, with an eye toward the fact that
> it's a required subscription for every Gentoo dev.  Questions
> such as this don't need to bother all several hundred Gentoo
> devs and staff, including those on infra or who otherwise
> aren't working on ebuilds directly.

I just wanted to clarify one thing: gentoo-dev is not a required mailing list
for developers, it is a suggested list to join, nothing more. The required
mailing lists are gentoo-core and gentoo-dev-announce. (The handbook has been
recently updated to reflect this.)

Kind regards,
Christina Fullam
Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Public Relations