>Hello,
>
>I take it you intend to use GTK. May I suggest you also provide ncurses
>interfaces to your programs? I'm not sure how much additional work that
>would be, as I don't program UIs. But an additional ncurses interface
>would provide users with the comfort of having the same tools available
>in case their Xorg fails for some reason, and on their X-less servers.

Erm, there is a big hint: patches welcome.
Ncurses has the disadvantage of being a bit "underdocumented".
So programming isn't that much fun, although when someone is willing to
start, help will be there for sure :)
Though we don't limit ourselves to one GUI. From what I've heard on IRC,
nobody declined a request for other toolkit(s) if other people help with it.

Greetz
-Jokey