On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 09:41 +1000, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 03:15:34 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> > net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des
>
> While my current employer uses such a router, I find that the vpnc client
> works "better" in that it does not force me to route all traffic through the
> vpn, but allows me to make my own routes. Of course vpnc does not require
> binary kernel modules either.

I know about vpnc, but it doesn't support all of the features of the
Cisco official client.  Also, the Cisco VPN Client does *not* use binary
kernel modules.  The *client* is binary, the modules are source-based.
Also, there's a patch in Bugzilla to add local LAN access support to the
client, even if it is denied on the server side.  I haven't decided if I
am going to add the patch or not, since it does allow the client to
perform actions that could violate a company's security policy.  Of
course, if someone else were maintaining it, it would be their decision
to make.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead