On 08:58 Mon 01 Oct     , Alin Năstac wrote:
> According to bash manual, && has a greater precedence than ||. That
> would translate in:

Where'd you see that? Here's my man page:

       A  list  is a sequence of one or more pipelines separated by one of the
       operators ;, &, &&, or ||, and optionally terminated by one of ;, &, or
       <newline>.

       Of these list operators, && and || have equal precedence, followed by ;
       and &, which have equal precedence.

Oh, now I see. You're reading about precedence in [[ ]] blocks, which
aren't being used here.

       [[ expression ]]

              Expressions may  be  combined  using  the  following  operators,
              listed in decreasing order of precedence:

              ( expression )
                     Returns  the  value  of  expression.  This may be used to
                     override the normal precedence of operators.
              ! expression
                     True if expression is false.
              expression1 && expression2
                     True if both expression1 and expression2 are true.
              expression1 || expression2
                     True if either expression1 or expression2 is true.

Thanks,
Donnie