* Donnie Berkholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-10-03 19:12]:
> On 12:43 Wed 03 Oct     , Wolfram Schlich wrote:
> > And *please*, don't send such mails to this
> > list *and* to my address in addition.
>
> You can add a procmail rule to detect duplicates using a cache and
> checking Message-Id, with formail. Examples of this are all over the
> place. It's a useful rule to have for many reasons besides this.

Yeah, but it's unpredictable *which* one of the two mails makes
it first onto my system, thus the one *not* sent to the list might
end up in my INBOX and the one sent to the list, that would have
been correctly delivered to the mailbox for this list, would be
deleted by procmail because it would be recognized as the duplicate.
So that is just not a solution.

I will instead filter mails sent by @gentoo.org addresses that have
'\[gentoo-commits\]' in their subjects but no List-Id: header.
Bad luck for everyone who sends such mails *only* to me.
--
Regards,
Wolfram Schlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>