Ravi Pinjala a écrit :
I, for one, would like to be able to control whether or not to run tests
that take a huge amount of time to run. Some test suites are
ridiculously comprehensive, and if we could have an option to disable
only those, or even run a reduced test suite, that'd be pretty neat.

We've already had this discussion before [1] and there is no one-size-fits-all solution for tagging tests.

Ryan's plan only proposes to enable/disable tests based on whether they can run inside a sandbox. That much is doable. Trying to quantify the time a test suite will take to complete is impossible : different arches, vastly different CPU clock speeds, same for HDDs sizes and speeds, ... is impossible.

Basically, it boils down to "if you're running FEATURES=test, you should know what you're doing".

+1 on Ryan's idea

Rémi

[1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_145157.xml