Hi list,

today, I encountered a problem while compiling some parts of gnome on a
box over ssh. Precisely, libbonoboui which inherits virtualx and calls
Xmake for tests failed because a test that needed X wasn't able to find
it. No X related environnement variable was present whatsoever.

Looking closer, it appears that the eclass needs xorg-server _and_ xhost
or it will just assume X is available, won't scan for opened displays
and fail later on. Installing xhost solved the problem. This issue is
raised when you use xorg-server instead of x11-xorg to install X.

As a consequence, I'd like to add xhost to the DEPEND of the eclass.
Please advise.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo