Am 07.11.2007 um 14:09 schrieb Ferris McCormick:
On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 09:13 +0100, Alexis Ballier wrote:
Hi,

Yes, we should introduce tex, latex and kpathsea USE flags. Anyone?

+1 for latex & kpathsea. How/when do we start ? :) I'd say start moving useflags on a per package basis, making them local for now. Once there are enough, let us move to a global one. Once this is finished, let us
deprecate the tetex useflag.

+0.5 for tex: it's a good idea, but I dont know about any package using
only tex and not latex (and where it would be optional). Perhaps I'm
wrong there.

I don't think documentation using texinfo.tex (the documentation that
comes in .texi files) uses latex --- I believe that texinfo.tex uses
just plain tex.

Do we even provide plain tex via an ebuild or useflag?
If not, why bother to differentiate?

Robert