On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 16:14 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:58:42 +0100
> Daniel Pielmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Lucky you are that your native language is one of the world's most
> > widely spoken languages. Imagine to express yourself in a language you
> > are not familiar with!
>
> And when not speaking in my native language, I made damned sure I'm not
> just misunderstanding something before going around making all sorts of
> unfounded accusations in public.

Please try to be the better man here and discontinue this current line
of thinking.  I ask you, instead, to look at Denis' email as a friendly
reminder to keep things on a more civil level.  As a native English
speaker, I didn't see anything wrong with your comments, as they were
directed towards code, not a person.  Were the same comments made
towards a person, yes, it would be offensive.  Since not all of us are
native speakers, sometimes just the simple replacement of a word can
help change the tone to those of us not born in an English speaking
country.

I've noticed your civility of late and want to encourage you to
continue.  I would like to apologize if you feel ass if you've been
baited or anything.  I know Denis and know that wasn't really his
intention, but rather to remind you (and others) to try to think about
the word choices we make.  Had you said "odd" instead of perverse, we
wouldn't likely be having this conversation, though you and I know the
functional meaning of the two words in that context are nearly
identical.  This is mostly the case with words with multiple meanings,
where non-native speakers might not know all of the alternate meanings
and can misinterpret your words.  I know it has happened to me quite a
few times.

Thanks,

--
Chris Gianelloni