On K, 2007-12-12 at 07:07 +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On 12/12/07, William L. Thomson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...We will keep maintaining GnuPG-1
> > versions because they are very useful for small systems and for server
> > based applications requiring only OpenPGP support."
>
> As I told you before, I wont slot these two.

I would like to have the option to have a smaller gnupg version in the
shape of a well maintained upstream GnuPG-1 for any embedded or handheld
devices I might acquire in the future, as I would only need OpenPGP
support on such a limited disk and resource device. Please state a
reason for not providing me, and many other users and developers alike,
from such a choice.
With no slotting I can bet on GnuPG-1 going away shortly after all
architectures have stabled GnuPG-2, or is that not so and such users can
mask >=GnuPG-1.9 and keep using a smaller version that perfectly fits
their needs? If yes, why not slot it as is designed?

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp