On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:20:02 -0500
Doug Klima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And I brough up valid reasons with zmedico why putting it before the
> inherit line was flawed currently since it could lead to some
> seriously unexpected behavior.

It's only unexpected if people screw up. If everyone understands the
restrictions I posted and sticks to them then things work. If people
start trying to be clever things go horribly wrong.

> If that's the case, it needs to be a
> very strict check in repoman and we need repoman on the eclasses to
> prevent people from putting EAPI into the eclasses.

Or you need to get PMS and package managers retroactively updated to
saying that 'inherit' does a 'declare -r EAPI'... Although that's only
a good idea if you operate on the assumption that developers will screw
up.

--
Ciaran McCreesh