Luca Barbato a écrit :
> Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
>> a> "So we can make use of this feature in about a year?"
>> b> "Yeah."
>>
>> Are we Debian now? A new feature gets implemented (obviously because we
>> *need* it) and we can make use of it in a *year*?
>
> What do we need so desperately?
>
>>> So either choose the one that's accepted by the majority
>> The majority of devs doesn't even read here (not to speak of active
>> participation).
>
> That says a lot in itself...

I'll speak up then :)

What I _really_ would like to see ASAP :

1) Dropping digest-* files for real (ie, not even having them on the
master rsync server and CVS)

2) Slotted deps (I had the feeling we were really close to having this a
while back, and then radio silence, maybe I missed the final announcement?)

3) USE-deps

As for the politics behind the naming of the EAPI, where it should be
placed in the ebuild, whether it should be in metadata.xml or in the
filename, I don't really care that much.

I'm much more interested in the 3 points above.

To all devs that will end up hacking on PMS and their respective PM :
don't let yourselves drown into loooooong term plans. Let's be an
opensource community with a "release early, release often" mentality.

Happy Holidays :)

Rémi