On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 18:43 -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:

> gpgme is completely unable to support both versions at the same time.
> It takes the path to GnuPG when the libray is compiled, and defaults to
> /usr/bin/gpg.

It's a stupid mess since from what I can tell, gnupg and gpgme has the
same upstream. They made gnupg-2 able to co-exist with gnupg-1, but
seemed to have forgotten all about gpgme. Unless the idea there is
anything using gpgme, should be gnupg-2, not gnupg-1.

Early reports of issues with gpgme fell on deaf ears upstream, and
doesn't seem things have improved at all there :(

> I'm interested as to how Debian and other distros resolved the issue.

Me to :)

<muttered smart ass voice>
  By providing both!
</muttered smart ass voice>

1 luv ;)

Granted providing both still leaves the issue with gpgme. Damn the
upstream, damn them I say.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java