Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  - video: Hopefully nothing much beside trying to give the best and
> freshest snapshots from the repository you started to know (mplayer,
> ffmpeg, xine, vlc...Hi Diego =))
I'm involved just in one and a half of those ;)

As for me, I mostly handle PAM (solo as usual).

Current status: PAM 0.99 is stable on all architectures beside one,
which means that PAM maintenance should be quite easier. It has been a
few months till last release so the water is also quite calm. The
upgrade was smooth for most people up to now, hopefully the
documentation on that will suffice.

Future plans: I hope to be able to complete the developers'
documentation, it's mostly a matter of finding time to work on it again,
probably I won't be able to make it before February, but I count on
writing something starting mid-february.

And for what concerns PulseAudio:

Current status: 0.9.8 is in tree for a while but contains a few new
features that should be tested well before marking it stable, so 0.9.7
is the current candidate. The new init script using Baselayout 2/OpenRC
functionalities is well tested at this point and mostly waiting for
OpenRC to enter ~arch.
Future plans: again not before mid-february I'll see to write some user
documentation about PulseAudio, like a Gentoo-specific Perfect Setup, to
integrate the generic documentation available on PulseAudio's wiki.

As for other misc stuff I maintain, I don't know exactly what's left,
but you can easily see what I'm doing on the blog :P

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/