Chris Gianelloni kirjoitti:
On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 21:49 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
Stefan Hellermann kirjoitti:
I've tried to not use the system-set and set up a virtual called virtual/minimal-system which depends on all the packages I need (no gcc or perl, only coreutils, glibc, baselayout and some packages that are really needed for booting up). This is what I think should be the system-set. And there would be a development-set which most people would use, but don't have to. And maybe a set with packages like man, texinfo ...

Probably would be useful to separate DEPEND and RDEPEND base systems. So things like gcc would only be needed for the DEPEND part.

Be careful with this one.  Lots of things end up linking with libstdc
++.so.* from GCC.

virtual/libstdc++ similar virtuals could exist for other gcc parts that are needed at runtime.

Regards,
Petteri