Hi,

On 11-Jan-08, at 4:14 AM, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
Some of the scripts would need to be updated to work on a monthly- basis
rather than weekly.  Also, I still think that it would be good to
automate the scripts that run by putting them on infra somewhere and
having just the output mailed to gwn-feedback as it'll save a little bit of time for the person doing the GWN and also it'll make sure you don't
forget to run it.

Thanks Chris. I just went through the Gentoo Weekly News guide (which is a little outdated, but still quite helpful). Are there any other scripts other than glsa2gwn.py and bugs2gwn.py that need to be run? I'll try and co-ordinate with infra to get them running automatically on a monthly basis. Is there anything else I need to know?

A few points:

1) I'm going to create a sub-project called 'GMN' under the PR project, which will supersede the GWN project. 2) I'm planning to get the first issue out by 21st of this month, and subsequently on the third monday of every month. 3) Can we have email aliases [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] for purposes of this project? (It sounds silly to ask for feedback on the GMN at [EMAIL PROTECTED])
4) Can we 'move' the gentoo-gwn mailing list to gentoo-gmn?

@Christian, William and Ryan:
Please do resume sending your articles as soon as I get the gmn email alias setup. I'll get in touch with you shortly after the necessary arrangements have been made.

Any suggestions/tips/comments on the new venture, are of course, more than welcome.

Cheers,
Anant