On 15:25 Sat 16 Feb     , Peter Volkov wrote:
> В Чтв, 14/02/2008 в 23:19 -0800, Donnie Berkholz пишет:
> > >   use bundled-adodb || phpUseFlags="${phpUseFlags} sockets"
> >
> > Why is bundling even an option? We should always force external packages
> > to be used, or we end up with more zlib messes.
>
> This does no harm and can help in situations when web-app upstream
> modified bundled adodb in non compatible way.

It does do harm. It prevents our package management system from doing
what it's there to do.

If they're modifying the bundled adodb incompatibly, then the USE flag
would also be obsolete because you'd need to force it to be bundled.
What would help more is a good swift kick in the pants to the people
doing the modifying to tell them to send their changes to adodb
upstream.

Thanks,
Donnie