On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Alistair Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > BTW, besides the beagle bump request in the bugzilla of Gentoo, is there
>  > any way to let us normal users get beagle up to date?
>  >

>  Im sure that there are more than a few dev that would be willing to
>  proxy maintain the package, if a user is prepared to standup and take
>  responsibility for it.

This is entirely my fault.
I'm a part of Beagle upstream, and had volunteered to proxy maintain
it. I was the one who was supposed to contact Petteri Räty
(Betelguese) after he had volunteered to proxy maintain it (via a
reply to dsd's email) several weeks ago.
However, I ended up getting busy with other things, procrastinating
this, and in the end majorly slacking in getting Beagle fixed (though
I did update the ebuild on the gentoo bug occasionally)

>  Currently it seems that the package doesn't
>  build for everyone ( by having a quick look at #201093 ) and this is
>  something that any maintainer would have to rectify [1].

Beagle 0.3.3 itself compiles just fine, but yelp and nautilus don't
compile with beagle support (beagle USE flag) because libbeagle got
split from Beagle in 0.3, it's API changed, and the version number got
bumped. Work is in progress to fix yelp with the new libbeagle, but no
such progress has been made in nautilus.
Probably the "beagle" USE flag in nautilus and yelp has to be made to
depend on 0.2.18 since it doesn't work with >=0.3

All in all, I take complete blame for this mess.

/me feels majorly guilty

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan