Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
On Tuesday 11 March 2008 16:55:11 Ferris McCormick wrote:
Now that I've said I'm tired of this thread, let me add to it.  I'd like
to add one more point, namely:
    *  Please explain in the ChangeLog what you are doing and why.  In
this case, if I look at kdelibs for example, what I see is "Version bump
to KDE 4.0.1" which looks pretty harmless.  A couple lines explaining
that it is package.masked because it doesn't actually work might have
been helpful.

Do you really think that should go into the ChangeLog of all 208 packages? Personally I would have thought the package.mask message would be sufficient...

considering you can do the following:
$ echangelog "Version bump to KDE 4.0.1. This is a major version change, please review package.mask for details."

and for the other 207 packages you do

$ !echan

it sounds more like laziness on the part of the KDE team.