Rémi Cardona wrote:
Natanael Copa a écrit :
But somethimes you just need to accept we don't live in a perfect world.
I understood early that nobody cares that much about binpkgs anyway and
moved on.

I'd say you're mistaken. A lot of people care about binpkg. It's not because a majority of devs don't _use_ them that they are not willing to fix bugs for other use cases.

If it would be practically possible I would still use RDEPEND. It worked alot better to build stuff around NEEDED.

Same thing can be said about other arches or other OSs Gentoo can run on.
and hardened.
As for the URL you've provided, I don't know what you were trying to demonstrate because about 3/4th of the bugs were marked as fixed, showing me that your patches got accepted. :) Which is good... isn't it?

I wanted to demonstrate that I do submit bugs and very often I submit a patch with it. (so I kinda know what bugs.g.o is)

I, for one, encourage you to keep opening bug reports.

Don't worry, I will.

Cheers