Rémi Cardona wrote:

> What would be the point of such a change? What problem are you trying to
> solve or to improve?

First and foremost to give an environment wherein people can write their
installation scripts using the language they are most comfortable with.

Secondly efficiency; in the case of a pbuild it could be run from within the
PM; for something like a jbuild it would use the native tools and existing
libraries like ANT. For hbuild it would tie into Cabal. While these may be
used already, we go from PM -> BASH -> LangX. I'm just saying give the
_option_ to leave out the BASH bit when you have mature tools in langX.

> You'll need to answer those questions anyway should you ever need to
> write a GLEP for that.

Yeah, that's a long way off; no point doing a GLEP without a working
implementation to show what you mean, imo. No point dedicating coder
resource to implement if it'd never get used in any case.