Mark Loeser schrieb:
Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
that's actually exactly what i'm encouraging. i'm not worried about such issues as they're easily resolved by people posting the full build log.

Which is great, but I think this is something we should discuss and
figure out if this is something we want to introduce into the tree (too
late now, but better late than never).  If it is something we want to
move forward with, it should be introduced at the package manager level
instead of being an in-tree package manager specific feature.

I'm coming at this from a QA perspective and if we want to do it for one
package, it should be introduced for all.  We should document it and
know how to support it as well.

+1 on that,
quite a bunch of overlayed ebuilds won't be needed if additional patches could be applied this way. we should just find a way to enable/disable this and make it visible on support requests.

Greetz
-Jokey