> Petteri Räty wrote:
> > Mike Frysinger kirjoitti:
> > This is your monthly friendly reminder !  Same bat time (typically the
> > 2nd Thursday at 2000 UTC / 1600 EST), same bat channel
> > (#gentoo-council @ irc.freenode.net) !
> >
> > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even vote
> > on, let us know !  Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole Gentoo
> > dev list to see.
>
> Defining required amount of activity for ebuild devs. I would like us to
> raise the required amount of activity for ebuild devs. Just committing
> monthly is not enough imho to require a developer status. How does having
> the average time between commits be at most a week sound and if it goes
> under that, undertakers will get a notification? Devaway would be there of
> course as usual

Why four commits a month? Currently we are at one commit a month, any reason to
quadruple it instead of requesting a slight raise, such as two commits a month?

My concern is that not all developers who do contribute something each month
can give Gentoo the commitment you request for every month. Should we lose
their contributions as they are a smaller quantity because some people think
that if you cant do more all the time then it's just not good enough?

It seems that the goal should be to find positive ways to encourage more
developers to become active, not start retiring those that cant give Gentoo as
much time that others can.

Kind regards,
Christina Fullam
Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations