Hi folks,

while building yum, I again ran into trouble because one
dependency has to be rebuilt with an specific useflag first
(in this case it was libxml2 + python useflag). Actually,
there are *lots* of these cases and (AFAIK) portage has no
way for properly handling this - it's up to the individual
ebuilds to check for those situations and artifically breaking
the build. Of coure, breaking builds are ugly.

My suggestion: make those language bindings being separate
packages. So, other packages can depend on them directly,
instead of the current, build-breaking hack.

I'm not advocating gentoo should do this step alone, but
instead join in the upstream and solve it there.

cu