Roy Bamford wrote:
On 2008.06.05 01:00, Aukasz Damentko wrote:
Hi guys,

Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

Team,

I don't want to nominate anyone who hasn't been nominated already.
I would like to address all the candidates who have or will accept council nominations.

1. Please tell us how/if you plan to fix GLEP 39. (You may not consider it broken)

Alone you cannot do anything. Still I found that there are some parts unspecified like how many meetings and how a meeting has to be announced to be considered official that should be clarified.

2. As one of the first priorities will be setting policy for pending appeals what policy do you propose ?

No changes are required in my opinion.

4. How do you think the council and trustees can work together to make Gentoo better?

Trustees manage a local entity located in the USA, the council should manage Gentoo as whole. Can they work together to improve Gentoo? Well EVERY developer and to a minor degree every member of the Gentoo community should work together to improve Gentoo, usually do what's within their role. The foundation has to make sure our intellectual property won't get abused in the USA, has to defend our trademark and cope with the bureaucracy related. The Council has to forster activities within Gentoo, to solve deadlocks in discussions by having the last say.

My old manifesto is still valid =)

lu

--

Luca Barbato