2008/6/8 Nirbheek Chauhan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> You have raised "flame and don't actually contribute anything useful"
> to an art form.

Whilst I'd agree Ciaran flames with the best of them, and trolls with
the worst, you simply cannot contend he never contributed anything to
the project and despite now no longer being a developer, he still
continues to contribute.

I often don't agree with him, but can't help but respect the work he does.

I would like to see Council move towards a more compressed meeting
format -- people presenting arguments need to work out their stuff
before bringing it up in the meeting, and to allow for quick
turn-around of decisions I'd suggest fortnightly meetings which are
time-limited to 60 minutes each.  A prioritized schedule determines
which order we deal with issues in and anything not getting attention
is bumped 2 weeks, with the priority adjusted if necessary to ensure
it gets attention then.

Each issue should be limited to between 5-20 minutes. If people can't
get through the politics and debate in the allotted time then it
should either get bumped 2 weeks and given another 5-20 minutes, or we
should table a special meeting to allow a full 60-90 minutes *just* to
decide that one issue and nothing else.

Sitting around in #gentoo-council for 3-4 hours every month isn't
conducive to progress, it's going to make people get tired/bored and
not pay proper attention and/or not bother to turn up, which just
leads to elections. Endless cycle?