On 14 Jun 2008, at 22:18, Luca Barbato wrote:

Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
On 14 Jun 2008, at 20:02, Luca Barbato wrote:
Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
On 14 Jun 2008, at 19:36, Luca Barbato wrote:
Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
With your approach, we would have to fix the version after every 4.1.x release. That sounds awful, tbh. So:

No that enforce people update the deps or at least gives one more reason to do. Keep in mind that -9999, -scm ebuild or .live templates aren't for public consumption.
Except, that it is not that easy.
The point of time where you have to update your kde deps has nothing to do with that. This is why we recommend to always reinstall everything from kde svn. It is even more likely, that these problems occur after the "bump", that shouldn't have been one at all.

emerge -C @kde-svn

emerge @kde-svn

that should suffice.
I don't see that working for something like, say, python or glibc.

do you really want to use live ebuild of THOSE?
Why not?

mainline glibc usually requires you to fix it or the rest of the world...

What?

(btw they are single packages, emerge =python-9999 works as should)
So what was your proposal all about?

Doing something more.

How is using 9999 versions 'doing something more'?

- ferdy