On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Marijn Schouten (hkBst)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The benefit is being able to automatically reversion an ebuild. Reversioning
> may
> not be necessary very often, but it's annoying when it is and there is no good
> reason that it should. There is no benefit in keeping the version variables
> read-only.
>
> Marijn

I think that doing "PV=${PV/0./}" is asking for trouble, even if we
had a function for reseting it after the change. In any case it should
be a function like reset_pv ${PV/0./} which keeps other variables (P,
S...) consistent. Also, this would imply an EAPI bump.

I doubt this change is worth the trouble.

Regards,
--
Santiago M. Mola
Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]