Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> I meant moves were largely pointless, although categories are to a
> lesser extent. Tags would be a lot better, since nothing can be
> categorized perfectly into a single place.

Yes, I can see the benefit of a tag paradigm.  I, myself, find it more
trouble than benefit to have the extra directory level.  I often do "cd
/usr/portage/*/foo" to get to the foo package, and it often gets a hit
in licenses or elsewhere that trips up this practice...

> I don't think it's worth losing track of the CVS history just so we can
> have something in a different place that ultimately is hardly useful to
> anyone.

Ah yes, CVS would present a problem here.  I suppose if/when the whole
tree is converted to svn, at that point moves would be more practical.
Too bad, though, that this has become a barrier to the ability to change
a category easily and without losing the history.

                                                -Joe