On T, 2008-08-26 at 13:40 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> The primary use-case that has been publicly stated before was for
> users
> to be able to identify to developers what version of a given ebuild they
> were using.
>
> Q: How much have you utilized the primary use case?

Never. There has never been a reason to ask this from the user for me.
If the ebuild in question has changed without changing name, it has
always been obvious if it matters, and if the user has an old version if
it does (as then what the bug is about is what was just recently fixed
without revbump, typically build fixes).

> Q: Are there any other use-cases you have and actively use?

No.

--
Mart Raudsepp
Gentoo Developer