On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:45:25 -0700
"Robin H. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 03:59:09PM -0500, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
> > > Err, what do you mean by revision dump?
> > revision dump is when foo-1.0-r4 becomes foo-1.0-r5.
> That's revision 'B'ump, not 'D'ump.

Sorry, not native English speaker :$

> > But when foo-1.0-r4 is updated in-place, I use CVS revisions
> > (ej: 1.12 -> 1.13 in 2nd word in $ Header: ....)
> The $Header$ is filled out automatically by CVS, what are you using
> the $Header$ string for?
>
> Why do you need to identify the changes? Considering that the checksum
> changes as well, is detecting change not sufficient? (or asking the
> VCS for what files have changed since your last check time).

I am writing a tool that creates deb (as in Debian package format) based
distributions from gentoo packages and that tool encodes the CVS
revision as part of "debian revision" of the packages. So I need this
part to be chronologically ordered, as opposed to have only the
knowledge of whenever the file has changed or not.