Icedtea has two release tracks. One for the 1.7 OpenJDK code base and one for the 1.6 code base. They have independent version numbering so they can have collisions. By moving the slot to the file name we could have icedtea-1.2:1.6.ebuildN and icedtea-1.2:1.7.ebuildN. This particular situation can be worked around of course but it might also be better to keep the slot in the file name any way because I often find myself needing to know the slot of an ebuild (adjutrix -k of course already does this for me quite nicely).

Regards,
Petteri