Mart Raudsepp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:06:39 +0300:

> Of course when that initial testing is done with helping users, the
> reason could be modified to tell things broke and what the tracking bug
> is, or unmasked if it works fine with other packages.

>From previous discussions on this, that's really the point (besides the
one about not masking it if testing is needed, which toolchain for
instance pretty much has to do anyway).  If it has a tracking bug, it has
the necessary info.  If it's just "masked for testing", the necessary
info isn't there.

This helps me as a user who often does that sort of testing, too.  Masked
for testing simply isn't that useful.  A tracking bug, where I can see
how that testing is progressing and what other sorts of stuff I might
expect to have issues with if I DO test, now THAT's actual practical
info!  Simply "masked for testing" is little better than no comment at
all, or than a package revision bump without a changelog entry telling me
what the big deal was that was worth the revision.  (That's another
irritating one, but fortunately it doesn't happen so often any more.
Thanks guys!)