Jeremy Olexa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:07:14 -0500:

> AFAIK, it is incorrect right now to exclude s390, arm, sh, etc on
> stablereqs right now..But, I ask this question to the dev community:
> "Why?" There are ~190 open bugs with s390 as assignee or on the CC list.
> Does it *really* matter if these under-staffed "odd" arches have a
> stable tree or not?

Having been an amd64 user back when it was much smaller, and having
followed the previous discussion on this here, including the mips ->
experimental move, yes, it does matter.  With the bugs there's at least
some info on a package and its stabilization potential when/if someone
gets around to doing something about it.  Without them, the job of
bringing them back to unsupported and then to full supported, if there's
suddenly a leap in interest, becomes much harder as there's that much
less info on what /was/ stable at one point, and on anything in the ~arch
versions that might need checked before they go stable again.

So it matters; there's a practical reason for it.  However, that's not
the same as saying it's the overall best solution at this time.  I have
no opinion on that, particularly as I /personally/ prefer ~arch in any
case.