Fabian Groffen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> - x64 is what the vendors (Apple, Sun) advertise themselves

Err I'm sure I haven't seen any x64 in the documentation or
advertisement of my MacBook Pro, are you sure _Apple_ uses that totally
bogus name?

Anyway, em64t might be better, but then again you're to the same point:
an Opteron using an Intel name? I think amd64 is totally fine since it's
the first commercial name it got by uh, those who introduced it, I
guess, but the only thing I don't ever want to see officially is
endorsing the x64 commercial speak.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/