Hi,

I'm currently working on a new eclass for Xfce4 that, as opposed to the
previous ones (xfce42.eclass, xfce44.eclass), is supposed to be used
for all versions. Now the most logical name for an eclass like that
would be xfce4.eclass, except that eclass already exists. It seems like
it was used for Xfce 4.2 and has been deprecated for quite some time
now. Obviously, packages using that eclass (which is zero in the main
tree and zero in the xfce herd's overlay btw) wouldn't work with my new
eclass, so I can't just extend said eclass. Now my big question is: Do
I have to think of a new name for my eclass (was thinking of something
like xfce4-r1.eclass, which I don't really like though) or can I just
overwrite the old eclass?

--
Christoph Mende
Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Lead and Release Engineering