Thomas Anderson schrieb:
>               src_install:
>                       All I want changed here is a variable for a list of
> extra docs to be
>                       installed. This'll require a default function for
>                       src_install and I propose:
>                               src_install() {
>                                       emake -j1 install DESTDIR="${D}" || die
> "make install died"
>                                       [[ -n ${DEFAULT_SRC_INSTALL_DOCS} ]] &&
> dodoc \
>                                       ${DEFAULT_SRC_INSTALL_DOCS}
>                               }
>                       bug #33544 has more information on this topic, as does
>                       tommy's recent thread on the subject of default
> src_install
>                       function.

At least for this one, why dont you use my proposal?

-default should always be unlimited emake, so no -j1
-Why die, if emake fails because of missing makefile (as meta ebuilds tend to
have)?
-Why not check for some default docs and install them if they exist and make
dodoc die on error?

this is at least, what my latest proposal does:

src_install() {
        if [ -f Makefile ] || [ -f GNUmakefile ] || [ -f makefile ]; then
                emake DESTDIR="${D}" install || die "emake install failed"
        fi
        if [ -n "${DOCS}" ]; then
                dodoc ${DOCS} || die "dodoc failed"
        else
                for x in AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README; do
                        if [ -e ${x} ]; then
                                dodoc ${x} || die "dodoc ${x} failed"
                        fi
                done
        fi
}

The rest of the proposal looks acceptable to me.

--
Thomas Sachau

Gentoo Linux Developer