El lun, 10-11-2008 a las 13:13 -0500, Mark Loeser escribió:

> Ebuild Stabilization Time
>
> Arch teams will normally have 30 days from the day a bug was filed, keyworded
> STABLEREQ, the arch was CCed, and the maintainer either filed the bug or
> commented that it was OK to stabilize (clock starts when all of these
> conditions are met).

> Removing Stable Ebuilds
>
> If an ebuild meets the time criteria above, and there are no technical issues
> preventing stabilization, then the maintainer MAY choose to delete an older
> version even if it is the most recent stable version for a particular arch.
>
> If an ebuild meets the time criteria above, but there is a technical issue
> preventing stabilization, and there are no outstanding security issues, then
> the maintainer MUST not remove the highest-versioned stable ebuild for any
> given arch without the approval of the arch team.
>
> Security issues are to be handled by the recommendations of the Security Team.

If this proposal had been approved a year ago as is, amd64 stable
keywords could have been dropped all over the place, making stable tree
unsupported on amd64 de facto (guess how many users would have left
Gentoo) and agravating our past workload problems.

So the consequences of this policy being applied on a regular basis can
be far worse than arches lagging behind.

Regards,
--
Santiago Moisés Mola
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | GPG: AAD203B5