Mark Loeser wrote:
Removing Stable Ebuilds

If an ebuild meets the time criteria above, and there are no technical issues
preventing stabilization, then the maintainer MAY choose to delete an older
version even if it is the most recent stable version for a particular arch.

Mark, I think you are looking at the problem only with the ebuild maintainer hat put on. We have other players in our business, being one of them the users. This policy would bring too many problems to them so .. nono by my side.

I would prefer to analyze the causes of the slacker arch (manpower, hardware, etc) and if we are not able to solve the problem by any way (asking for new devs, buying hardware, etc) go for mark it as experimental and drop all stable keywords.

Thanks.

--
Jose Luis Rivero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo/Alpha Gentoo/Doc