On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:04:33 -0500
Daniel Gryniewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Honestly, I don't want to be a dick to the arch teams.  I really
> don't. But I *also* don't want them (or policy) to be a dick to me.
> That's my whole point; that requirement of never removing the last
> stable ebuild, in shouting caps no less, is way too absolute, and is
> just going to piss people like me off.

For the record, the all in caps bit was a tongue-in-cheek reference to
the ultra-formal format that the IETF RFC's are in that was being
emulated here.  It was included for levity, not for shouting.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

--
gcc-porting,                                      by design, by neglect
treecleaner,                              for a fact or just for effect