Petteri Räty wrote:
Branko Badrljica wrote:
Since I might not be the only tinkerer on Gentoo to try stuff like that
and since it took me a day to find this, maybe it wouldn't hurt to check
for this kind of thing in portage ?
At the very least failed cp should stop emerge...

Well there isn't a single place to add die statements. The important
thing is for ebuild developers to remember to add || die to all stuff
that could potentially fail. If you find the cp in question that failed
for you, the right place to file bugs is https://bugs.gentoo.org.

Regards,
Petteri

Looks like people have been truly over-zealous when removing "die" statements from ebuilds lately. I've added back to HAL an assortment of "die" statements.

I hope this hasn't happened in too many other ebuilds.