On 11:05 Mon 12 Jan     , AllenJB wrote:
> In my opinion the cvs commit log and the ChangeLog serve 2 different
> purposes. The cvs log is for developers while the ChangeLog is for
> users. While the cvs log will likely just want to explain what change
> was made, the ChangeLog should explain why it was made.

So if you want to know both, you need to look in 2 places? That doesn't
seem very nice to me. Also in a distributed VCS, we'd want to generate
ChangeLogs from the commit logs to avoid all kinds of annoying conflict
resolution and remove redundant information.

> PS. I know about index2.xml - but that doesn't look like it's going to
> be the main front page any time soon at the moment, which is a real
> shame because it has some awesome changes.

I need to write up an announcement for the changes, then Xavier will
flip the switch. Think days not weeks.

--
Thanks,
Donnie