On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 00:37 +0000, Angelo Arrifano wrote:
> On Qua, 2009-02-04 at 18:36 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:

> Some packages are not automake driven. We have to detect those.
> >
> > >           make DESTDIR=${D} PREFIX=/usr \
> > >                   STRIP=true ENABLE_NLS=${USE_NLS} \
> > >                   "$@" install
> > >   fi
> > >

> > Should use emake. Stripping should be left to the package manager.

STRIP=true replaces STRIP=strip while also returning a non error status.
This is done in order to ensure that portage handles the stripping using
the correct cross-strip. We also have to sed a bunch of templates out
that use install -s etc which always calls the wrong strip.

But STRIP=true is proper as in /bin/true without the path.

Side note I've already talked with upstream and future versions will
probably drop any default stripping or move towards better unification.

Thanks.