On Freitag, 20. Februar 2009, Petteri Räty wrote:
> Suggestions/objections?

If you mean by "mass migration" doing that more or less blindly, I do object.
When an ebuild directly or indirectly inherits an eclass, which is EAPI 2
enabled, like base.eclass, while another isn't, you have to expect
side-effects. See for example media-tv/kdetv-0.8.9-r1, which features an
empty src_prepare to prevent the attempt to apply patches twice, temporarily.

So the first step is to get all eclasses EAPI 2 ready and even then I wouldn't
rule out odd cases, so changes should happen in testing and revised ebuilds
exclusively to assure odd cases get caught.

Carsten